• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I recover my Medical Bills from an assault...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

monique3245

New Jersey
I have incurred medical bills as a result of a physical assault, both at the time, x-rays and hospital treatment, and now a few months later, recurring pain treatment at my doctor.. I need to file a suit o try to recover some of this as I do not have insurance and it is Expensive for me.. I need to know how to do it without my Attorney, because for what he will charge me I wont come out too far ahead... Help!

justalayman

what do you mean "without YOUR attorney"? Have you already engaged an attorney for something involving this?

aardvarc

If you filed a police report about the crime committed against you, you should have been informed about your state's Crime Victim Compensation Program. Medical bills are the #1 thing covered by the program. You can see if you qualify for reimbursement and apply online at:

http://www.nj.gov/oag/njvictims/index.html

You do NOT need an attorney to seek or receive compensation from this program.

Last edited:

monique3245

what do you mean "without YOUR attorney"? Have you already engaged an attorney for something involving this?
Yes I do, however, the issues the attorney represented me for are taken care of, the one thing i need to do is just to get these medical bills paid for. So rather than pay the retainer again, I was hoping I could do this without him..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">