+ Reply to Thread
    Curious George is offline Junior Member

Hurt at Amusement Park.

What is the name of your state? New Jersey Someone I know was recently hurt due to neglegence at Clementon Amusement Park, He want's to sue but I told him since he didn't go to the hospital or seek treatment he doesn't have a case, is this true?
    lealea1005 is offline Senior Member
    sorry, more information is needed.

can you explain your friends' injuries and how the accident happened?
    My friend and his daughter were on the Log Flume ride (one of only 5 rides open that day) at Clementon Amusement Park here in NJ. His "log" became disabled and approx. 5 more "logs" ran into the back of it before the attendants figured out how to shut down the ride. He was sitting in the last seat of the "log" so he felt the impact of all the "logs" He is now in a lot of back pain.
    fairisfair is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious George
    My friend and his daughter were on the Log Flume ride (one of only 5 rides open that day) at Clementon Amusement Park here in NJ. His "log" became disabled and approx. 5 more "logs" ran into the back of it before the attendants figured out how to shut down the ride. He was sitting in the last seat of the "log" so he felt the impact of all the "logs" He is now in a lot of back pain.
    recently, being when??? Just because he did not go to the hospital, does not mean that he was not injured. I have been on those log rides though, and even in the normal operation, they are known to bang into each other.
    did he report his injuries to the management right away?

has he been to a doctor for treatment and evaluation of any injuries?
    The "accident" happened last Thursday 8/17/06 Management???...he claims the only people operating the park and the rides were young..like 18 19 years old and none of them spoke very good english..they were of Russian desent (no offense to anyone). I don't think an accident report was filled out.
    then i would think he'd have a hard time proving he sustained any injury from the ride in the park.....

as fairisfair said, the log flume "logs", even on a good day, bang into each other.....

sorry
    but, i'm also not a lawyer....maybe when one reads your post they'll give you a different answer....good luck!
    Anyone who's ever ridden one of those things know they bump into each other when the logs are coming in and people are getting in and out of them, but how he explains it to me is this....his car was on the down side of one of the hills and his "log" stopped half way down, then the other cars rear ended him...this was midride, not while they were waiting to get off.
    loveumms is offline Member
    Since he didn't notify anyone of his injuries, or that the ride malfunctioned he will have a hard time arguing his injuries are due to the ride. He could have been mowing the lawn yesterday and pulled a muscle resulting in the same injury ...
    justalayman is offline Senior Member
    Can't tell you if New Jersey does require any such thing but amusement rides are very strongly regulated in many states. The mishap may have been required to be recorded in a log or such. I would call the state offices and find out who regulates such amusement and ask if it is required. This may get you to the proof that there was a problem at the park.

Now to your injuries: without making a report, you will be hard pressed proving you were on the ride and your injuries were caused by the ride mishap. I would make a report at this time as time is against you already and delaying will only make it worse. If they refuse to take a report, get names, postiion of employment and times to document this.

If you have any proof you were at the park that day (picures of you being nutso or whatever) keep them around. Anything you can use to provide proof you were there is important. Ticket stubs are good. Hotel stay in the area, although would not prove you were at the park but with other things it can help.

If they take a report, it still does not mean they accept responsibility.