• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was assaulted, need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VicVega

Grand Rapids, Michigan.

I am 22 year old college student. Friday night at a party I was sucker punched by someone considerably larger than me and for no reason whatsoever. He had been looking for a fight all night long. I didnt return any blows, mostly because I was completely unprepared for the hits I took and they knocked me to the ground where he hit me twice more.

To describe my injuries I was hit in the eye socket at the bridge of my nose, which has been broken. The tissue surrounding my eye is swollen and I can only see partially. I have had black eyes from sporting injuries but this is considerably worse, a blood vessel was broken and has discolored the area around my eye deep red while it is black from the bruises. my eye socket and forehead are inflamed and bruised as well. I was hit behind the ear, which is also a dark bruise, and in the check. The inside of my cheek is cut up and my cheek itself is swollen.

This morning when I woke up I had several moments where I could not see straight and could not keep my balance. I was and still am worried since I have never experienced something like this before.

The attack occurred at a friend of a friends house. All involved were drinking. I did not aggrevate the attacker or do anything in any way that would have him attack me or give him reason to attack me. I was attacked during a confrontation with a friend about a female. I have pictures of the places effected.

I cannot work in the state that I am in and my job as at risk. It destroys my integrity and reputation within the office, not to mention the pain and medical bills that I may incur due to the fractured nose.

I am by no means a weak person, I can handle my own and can defend myself. I am a 200ib 6' 2" male. I am unsure of what to do in this situation since it could have a profound effect on my career and reputation.

I left shortly after I was hit, and I dont remember much and I may have been briefly knocked out. Everything above is the honest truth. 8 people were at the house when this happened.

It has been a long time since I have used this forum for advice but I turn to you once again for help.

Thank you,

Al G.

Last edited:

Hi. So a couple of questions:

1) Did you seek medical attention?

2) Were the police called?

3) Do you have an idea if these injuries caused permament damage financially?

4) Where do you work that your career is in jeopardy from the sight of bruises?

That sucks that you were on the receiving end of a beating, especially if it was unprovoked...

K

VicVega

1) Did you seek medical attention?

I have not seeked medical attention, I was waiting til monday so I dont have to pay an arm and leg for emergency services. I am still on family health care plan.

2) Were the police called?

No, the police were not called, yet.

3) Do you have an idea if these injuries caused permament damage financially?

Well I cant quite tell yet, I have bones loose in my nose. I am unsure of permanent disfigurement. I am very concerned about my job. Also I am bothered by the drop in quality of life I will have over the next month.

4) Where do you work that your career is in jeopardy from the sight of bruises?

An insurance agency.

That sucks that you were on the receiving end of a beating, especially if it was unprovoked...

I wouldnt have cared nearly as much had I dont something to provoke it, even if I was jumped and that was the case but thats not the type of guy I am.

gawm

I don't understand why the police weren't called that night. I also don't understand why two days later the police still has not been called.:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">