• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got hit by a Golf Ball

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lbjsong

I was on a drive way traveling at about 55-60 km/h in my vehicle with windows open.

All of sudden, I felt the excruciating pain on my left elbow. I thought it was one of those rare/random shooting pain in my arm, so I pulled my vehicle over with the emergency light on.

The pain was felt on the lateral aspect of my left elbow. I was holding my arm to relieve the pain. I looked around to make sure I am safe on the road without disturbing the traffic.

Then, I found a golf ball rolling around inside my vehicle. The ball looked like the ball from the driving rage and had an inscription on it, “Victoria Golf Club, City of Edmonton.”

Since the driving range has the net all around it, I assumed that the ball was hit from one of its courses.

After five minutes of resting, I drove into the pro shop of Victoria Golf Club and filled out the incident report. The employee there asked me to wait for the call from the superintendent of the club until tuesday.

My left elbow is swollen and has the limitation of movement, having the dull and soar local pain. I have the distinct golf ball mark on my elbow where it was struck. I took the pictures of it for the evidence.

I went to the Emergency room of Sturgeon Hospital, St. Albert. I took the X-Ray on the lateral aspect of my elbow. Doctor could not find fractures on my elbow under X-Ray

I do not know what kind of actions I should take from now on.
I think that the safety regulations for such golf clubs are not good enough with the potential problems of injuries or accidents like this.

Any Valuable advices please?

TinkerBelleLuvr

Victoria Golf Club & Driving Range
12130 River Valley Rd
Edmonton, Alberta T5N 0E0
I'm not sure if you listened in geography class, but CANADIAN provinces are NOT in the U.S.

The question where it asked you WHICH state? U.S. Law only is really not a suggestion.

Sorry about the golf ball. I'm sure it hurt.:mad:

justalayman

well, since you were in Edmonton, I presume it was an Edmonton in Canada.

There may be a few folks here that know something about Canadian law, most do not. Since there is a question and statement that looked like this:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I will accept that you, as a representative of Canada are hereby surrendering to the United States of America and are willing to be subjugated by your southern neighbors, now lords.

As such, you need to quite saying "eh", using currency called a "loonie" (we reserve that term for presidents of the US we believe it to be fitting for), and no more French language. We already have to deal with Mexican spanish. Another language is just more than we want to deal with.

Fair enough?

lbjsong

:(

Yes, I live in Canada.
However, i just wanted to know how this kind of injuries is dealt in US.

plus there is no good forums like this for Canadian Law...
please help.
could you guys tell me how it is dealt in your state please?

TinkerBelleLuvr

Actually, we have 50 different state laws and a bunch more territories which have laws unto themselves. So, there is no FEDERAL rule to cover those white little buggers.

justalayman

ok. real generic answer;

if you can prove, at least within reason, that the golfball came from one person specifically, you may have a case against the person that hit the ball.

If you can prove the range failed to take reasonable precautions against a realistic situation where something such as this, you might be able to include the golf course in your suit.

as it stands, from your info, the ball could have come from the course or it could have come from a kid hiding behind something. Hard to prove any fault on a duffer or the club.

lbjsong

thax

Thank you for answering.

so What you are saying is that unless I can find someone who shoot the ball, I am helpless but live with soar arm. right?

Antigone*

Yes, I live in Canada.
However, i just wanted to know how this kind of injuries is dealt in US.

plus there is no good forums like this for Canadian Law...
please help.
could you guys tell me how it is dealt in your state please?
I know a place (I won't say where) that the offending part of the body is removed so as to no longer cause any pain. :eek:

You should have seen what happened to the guy whose heart hurt!

Last edited:

justalayman

Thank you for answering.

so What you are saying is that unless I can find someone who shoot the ball, I am helpless but live with soar arm. right?

pretty much.

I do understand you have socialized medicine so at least this shouldn't be a financial burden to you.

Now, if I hear about some crazed person going after golfers for some unkown reason, come on back and we will educate you on a mental defect defense due to the abuse you lived with from a crazed golfer that has since caused you to become so fearful of golfers that you feel the need to rid your country of golfers in general.:D

BlondiePB

pretty much.

I do understand you have socialized medicine so at least this shouldn't be a financial burden to you.

Now, if I hear about some crazed person going after golfers for some unkown reason, come on back and we will educate you on a mental defect defense due to the abuse you lived with from a crazed golfer that has since caused you to become so fearful of golfers that you feel the need to rid your country of golfers in general.:D
OMG, just what we need more loons. :eek:

I heard the turnip truck is empty, so we can fill it up with some loons. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">