• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was robbed at restaurant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1234abcd

Robbed at Jack n box

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I was at jack n box ordered drink.man came up and stared berating me for no reason.I did not know man.I had put my pack on table were I cold see it but when this man got my attention away from it by causing a skirmish with him by knocking me down and taking my wallet on ground and another man took my fanny pack on table.they ran out of restaurant.I realized all this happened and went out to look for them.I came back and asked woman employee if she seen my wallet.she said my friends took my packs.I didn't have any friends.I came back next day and asked woman manager to see the camera footage of lounge area.she refused and said I had to ask police to see the camera footage.this was now next day 24 hours later.I asked her to save footage on cameras.she said no that I had no authority.I did not call police as they would never get my money back and they would most likely cause me more trouble than not.now week later I assume they destroyed the evidence.I emailed corporate office and the wrote back with fake appology and said I had to call police to see camera footage.they didn't tell me this at the time of robbery.they the employees seen everything in lounge area and seen the man knock me down and even seen man berate me at counter.they didn't call police nor do anything to come to my aid.my cash of over 200$ and ID and other bank cards taken.I suspect these men acted as a team to rob me.what legal means do I have against this restaurant??.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was at jack n box ordered drink.man came up and stared berating me for no reason.I did not know man.I had put my pack on table were I cold see it but when this man got my attention away from it by causing a skirmish with him by knocking me down and taking my wallet on ground and another man took my fanny pack on table.they ran out of restaurant.I realized all this happened and went out to look for them.I came back and asked woman employee if she seen my wallet.she said my friends took my packs.I didn't have any friends.I came back next day and asked woman manager to see the camera footage of lounge area.she refused and said I had to ask police to see the camera footage.this was now next day 24 hours later.I asked her to save footage on cameras.she said no that I had no authority.I did not call police as they would never get my money back and they would most likely cause me more trouble than not.now week later I assume they destroyed the evidence.I emailed corporate office and the wrote back with fake appology and said I had to call police to see camera footage.they didn't tell me this at the time of robbery.they the employees seen everything in lounge area and seen the man knock me down and even seen man berate me at counter.they didn't call police nor do anything to come to my aid.my cash of over 200$ and ID and other bank cards taken.I suspect these men acted as a team to rob me.what legal means do I have against this restaurant??.
No, you don't have a case against the restaurant.

Just for your information, every Jack in the Box that I've been to in the past, oh, 5 years at least, have had central monitoring - there is nothing for the manager to save, as the recordings aren't stored on site. If you wanted to footage, you should have called the cops.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
.I came back next day and asked woman manager to see the camera footage of lounge area.she refused and said I had to ask police to see the camera footage.**************I did not call police as they would never get my money back and they would most likely cause me more trouble than not.now week later ......I emailed corporate office and the wrote back with fake appology and said I had to call police to see camera footage.they didn't tell me this at the time of robbery..
According to you, they DID tell you to call the police. You chose not to (I'm assuming you have a warrant?). You can't blame them for your inaction.

CdwJava

Why didn't you call the police? Apparently these items were not sufficiently important for you to call. And if you wanted to see the video, was this because you intended to try and remember them so you could track them down on the street yourself?

As stated, you appear to have no claim against the restaurant whatsoever. Next time, call the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">