• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indirect involvement in fight?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dalladallabill

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Ok, so this kid (19) some how thinks I had involvement in him getting sucker punched... the story goes like this: He is a drug dealer in my town and is well known by the local authorities and duggies in my town, so he tries to sell some one I don't know (considering I wasn't there) a bag of weed, and from my understanding, gets punched in the jaw and looses 4 teeth over it. Can I be charged for indirect (false) involvement? From my understanding it is just 1 person's word against the others... He has also sent me threatening text messages and has been blowing up my phone, saying how he will shoot me up and pay people to beat my ass, then it changed to threatening to call the cops or give him money, and now finally it has changed to him saying he talked to a lawyer saying how I will be in debt to him for the rest of my life. Is this something he can press charges against me for? I don't understand, as I was NOT there, so there is NO proof I was involved in this at all! Thanks

mattimuspally

if there is NO probable cause or proof, your totally fine, someone word doesnt mean **** to the poilce department, your fine dont worry, if anything you have the texts from him to prove hes setting you up

dalladallabill

if there is NO probable cause or proof, your totally fine, someone word doesnt mean **** to the poilce department, your fine dont worry, if anything you have the texts from him to prove hes setting you up
Thanks for the quick response, this is what I figured. I'm not so worried about the police involvement anymore at this point, as it has been 4 days since the incident. But could he press charges against me, even though I am not the one that punched him, and if so, what would it be for??? :confused:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
He has also sent me threatening text messages and has been blowing up my phone, saying how he will shoot me up and pay people to beat my ass, then it changed to threatening to call the cops or give him money, and now finally it has changed to him saying he talked to a lawyer saying how I will be in debt to him for the rest of my life. Is this something he can press charges against me for?
Your post..what is BLOWING UP MY PHONE mean??

If he sent you a death threat via text messaging you can call the cops, useless as they are

I would file for a protective order ...

You claim to be an innocent kid (I doubt that) ... quit doing drugs

And I never have seen a drug dealer walk into a police station and complain a deal went bad and he lost teeth.

I think your posting is just a story

justalayman

=Free_Advice;2929731]Your post..what is BLOWING UP MY PHONE mean??
repetitive calls in a short time

And I never have seen a drug dealer walk into a police station and complain a deal went bad and he lost teeth.
I don't know. I just read a news article about a woman that accidentally called a cop because of an incorrect phone number and tried to sell him some oxycodone. He ignored her at first but she kept calling. Then she started texting him. He finally set up a meeting where she was subsequently arrested.

There are thousands of stories where stupid people called the cops to report stolen drugs or getting ripped off in drug deals. We aren't talking about the upper end of the IQ spectrum here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">