• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured at Hotel room !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bizuca

This happened in Massachusetts.

So I was on vacation at this hotel,while looking for my sandals under the bed I pocked myself (Middle finger) with a lancet needle left unattended.I went to the person in charge and he said "What do you want me to do ?" Didn't even offered a band aid. My question is do I have a case ? Oh plus I had to go to the hospital and get blood work and get vaccinations,I was nice and put my health insurance to pay for it.

Thank you

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The hotel might be willing to pay the medical bills if you ask nicely. Other than that, you have not won the lawsuit lottery. But thanks for playing.

bizuca

The hotel might be willing to pay the medical bills if you ask nicely. Other than that, you have not won the lawsuit lottery. But thanks for playing.
Yeah okay when this happened the people in charge didn't even helped me,didn't offer to call 911/band aid/came back to follow up etc...Why should I have to ask nicely ? Isn't that negligence leaving a needle on the floor ?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yeah okay when this happened the people in charge didn't even helped me,didn't offer to call 911/band aid/came back to follow up etc...Why should I have to ask nicely ? Isn't that negligence leaving a needle on the floor ?
You have to ask nicely because they have no obligation to pay. How are they neglectful? You didn't see it, how do you expect them to?

CSO286

So, who was negligent? The hotel for not thoroughly cleaning or the diabetic who failed to proerly dispose of his/her sharps?

And, OP, you poked yourself with a lancet. Why do you think you needed a band-aid? A piece of kleenex, or toilet paper or a cotton ball and you'd be just fine to staunch the bleeding if there was any. Most of people I've ever poked with a lancet still needed the finger "milked" a bit to produce a drop a blood.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Call 911? For a pricked finger? Please tell me you're not serious.

Yes, it would have been nice of them to say they were sorry and give you a bandaid. Their failure to do so does not provide you with any kind of legal options.

jiggy78

You expected them to call 911? That would have only resulted in an expensive ambulance bill for you to pay and wasted the valuable time of the EMTs. It's not like you could have saved yourself from catching a a deadly communicable disease by getting to the hospital a little faster.

bizuca

What I was trying to say was that if the room was clean as it should,the needle should not be there and I didn't have to spent 6 hours in the emergency room on my vacation.Then worry about the results of the blood tests.If this happened to one of your family members I guess the answers would be different ?

Thank you

jiggy78

Moving the bed to completely clean under it is well beyond a normal hotel room cleaning. If this had been in the middle of the floor or in the sink drain, then maybe, but under the bed? No.

OHRoadwarrior

I have been sitting back letting this run its course. Your problem is you have no proof where the lancet came from or when it poked you. Therefore, you have no case.

bizuca

This sucks now I have to pay all the medical bills alone.Isn't much because I used my Health Insurance but still it's something like 300 bucks.:mad:

You Are Guilty

Because OP might have been poked with it at K-mart, S-mart or pray tell, the parking lot of the hotel in his own car with a lancet belonging to a friend.:cool: Catch the drift?
I actually don't.

People lie, we know that. But it would seem your point is that unless OP has some video of him being poked from the thing under the bed, he has "no evidence". Last I checked, his own testimony is "evidence". Perhaps not particularly good evidence, but it is still admissible.

Adrien08

Wow the thread is looking interesting.. I thing its wrong that the in charge give no importance to it but you demands are also not fair. So I think the guys have give you the right suggestions. hope your finger is fine right now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">