• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injury from biting onto bread tie.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dspot

A few months ago i order two sandwiches from a fast food place. I took a bite into forst sandwich and bit right onto a plastic square bread tie. I recently had dental work done. I had a filling done. I now need to have the tooth pulled thanks to this. Everything felt fine before this. I waited til next morning to go to dentist. Ive been turned to their insurance agency. Well after several months of non sense i get this response finally.
Hello Mr. Mylet:

Hello. Merry Christmas! I talked to the dentist/Ryan Gebfert and he informed me that you had a filling done on 8/26/15 in tooth #4. When he checked the tooth 4th*on 9/8/15 the filling was fine, but you were in pain. He informed that the way of taking the pain away is by removing the nerve with a root canal. I believe that your pain was before the incident. In a way of getting this resolve I will extend a nuisance offer of $500.00 to avoid litigation. At this time we are not sure if the bread tie is ours.

Thanks,

I have all the evidence still. The bread tie. The sandwich. The receipt. Names and times of who i talked too. Not sure if i should take this and jist let it go or not. Im not sure what i should do from this point as no laywer will help me because case is to small... please help. Thank you Dspot.

justalayman

If the tooth remained intact (nothing mentioned by the fast food representative regarding the dentist suggesting the tooth was damaged) and the filling was intact, just what damage are you suggesting the piece of plastic caused? If the tooth broke, I'm right there with you but since the filling is intact and the tooth was not damaged, I do not see how the incident caused you the issue you are experiencing. Coincidence is not enough to lay blame. There has to be a realistic connection between the issue (the bag tie) and the resulting injury. I'm not seeing how you can connect the two.

Proserpina

A few months ago i order two sandwiches from a fast food place. I took a bite into forst sandwich and bit right onto a plastic square bread tie. I recently had dental work done. I had a filling done. I now need to have the tooth pulled thanks to this. Everything felt fine before this. I waited til next morning to go to dentist. Ive been turned to their insurance agency. Well after several months of non sense i get this response finally.
Hello Mr. Mylet:

Hello. Merry Christmas! I talked to the dentist/Ryan Gebfert and he informed me that you had a filling done on 8/26/15 in tooth #4. When he checked the tooth 4th*on 9/8/15 the filling was fine, but you were in pain. He informed that the way of taking the pain away is by removing the nerve with a root canal. I believe that your pain was before the incident. In a way of getting this resolve I will extend a nuisance offer of $500.00 to avoid litigation. At this time we are not sure if the bread tie is ours.

Thanks,

I have all the evidence still. The bread tie. The sandwich. The receipt. Names and times of who i talked too. Not sure if i should take this and jist let it go or not. Im not sure what i should do from this point as no laywer will help me because case is to small... please help. Thank you Dspot.

You should take the money and run. You won't get much more than that - if any. Remember, those "nuisance" offers generally have a very short shelf-life (no pun intended) and once they're gone ...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">