• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injury at a city park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jake1942

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Interesting situation I observed tonight. A group of men were playing soccer in an area of a local city park that was designated for that use with soccer goals & such. These men were kicking the ball at the goal repeatedly for about 15 min when a lady and man walked approx 25' behind the goal area where the ball was being kicked. One of the balls struck the lady in the head/face. She was not looking up/around as she walked, and when one of the men shouted "look out", she looked up, and made no attempt to get out of the way. As stated, the ball struck her in the head/face, and broke her glasses. She required no medical attention that I saw, and was walking around afterward. No ambulance was called.

My question is who is liable? The lady, the city, or the man who kicked the ball? A little of all three? Or is this just an accident, with no fault?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">