• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injury in school gym (PE)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rideronthestorm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL

My daughter was participating in PE class, and the kids were asked to play some sort of game she was not familiar with (she asked both peers and teachers how to play, she was totally ignored) and when her turn came, she got beaten up with "noodles" by her whole class, she fell and hurt her foot. She had it broken a year ago, and now I'm afraid the injury renwed itself.

If I have to take her to see a doc, I wil have to pay out of my pocket because our insurance is not valid until February after my husband starts his new job. I feel that the school is responsible for keeping my child safe during PE. Should I contact a lawyer, or talk to school, and yes to latter, how and who?
Thanks

tranquility

While I'd usually say there is nothing here (for a school issue), it seems there may be some facts which are unfortunate for the school here. I'd see an attorney and see what he says if the injuries cost any substantial amount. Otherwise, you can start at the school. Did you buy "supplemental" insurance from the school for your child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">