• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irayd8

What is the name of your state? NC

i was injuried in a motorcycle accident in may 2005. my boyfriend was driving the motorcycle. i had a complete tear of my left ACL. i had surgery in june 2005 and was out of work for three months, did the physical thereapy and rehab. i went back to work in sept 2005. i have healed pretty well...i have an ugly scar on my knee and still have problems with it swelling, ice usually brings it back down. my boyfriends motorcycle insurance company is covering everything...my question is this...they have offered a settlement of 56,000.00 but my health insurance company has to be reimbursed out of this (approx 22,000.00).

medical bills totaled 30,000.00, loss wages about 15,000.00 and out of pocket about 2,00.00.

is this reasonable or are they offering low hoping i won't counter? if i should counter what would be reasonable?

thanks!
irayd8

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">