• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shaolinmunky

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I'm going through a divorce due to adultry. My wife is pregnant with another man's baby, and he lived in my house while I was deployed. He had already been punished by the military for adulterating with my wife, and after that is when he moved in. Now the family is being broken apart (she's leaving to be with him in Louisianna) and one of my five children has already asked to talk to a counselor.

Any chance I could bring an IIED suit against him? Considering: 1)the affair was intentional and wreckless, 2)moving in to a deployed soldiers home to shack up with his wife and five kids is egregious, 3)the affair is the cause of distress, 4)I am seeing a therapist because of this.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Munky

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">