• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lip and mouth burnt by burger king

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Reidbo_2003

I went to Burger King, ordered a tender crisp chicken sandwich plain. Got home and it had mayo glopped on both sides. I went back to the store and politely asked for a new sandwich. The cooks obviously gave grief while I was talking to the employee. They corrected their mistake but gave me the wrong chicken sandwich(original chicken). Halfway home I realized this and decided to bite the bullet. Well.. Literally I bite into the sandwich and before I can finish the bite grease squirts from the sandwich and burns my lip and face. Mostly lip, it immediately blistered and I took several photos and reported it to the manager. Iv kept up with photos of the healing process incase a lawsuit is coming. It's been one week and Iv dealt with many friends assuming the worst.,it's still present and I feel like I am owed for burning my face and the ridicule. Is this worthy of a law suit? If so, how do I proceed?

quincy

I went to Burger King, ordered a tender crisp chicken sandwich plain. Got home and it had mayo glopped on both sides. I went back to the store and politely asked for a new sandwich. The cooks obviously gave grief while I was talking to the employee. They corrected their mistake but gave me the wrong chicken sandwich(original chicken). Halfway home I realized this and decided to bite the bullet. Well.. Literally I bite into the sandwich and before I can finish the bite grease squirts from the sandwich and burns my lip and face. Mostly lip, it immediately blistered and I took several photos and reported it to the manager. Iv kept up with photos of the healing process incase a lawsuit is coming. It's been one week and Iv dealt with many friends assuming the worst.,it's still present and I feel like I am owed for burning my face and the ridicule. Is this worthy of a law suit? If so, how do I proceed?
You did realize that the chicken had just been pulled from hot grease, right?

Consult with an attorney in your area if you want to but I am not seeing that you have anything but free burgers coming your way.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What permanent or long lasting injuries did you suffer? What medical expenses did you incur?

Reidbo_2003

It's been one week with visible blister and scanning. I have not seen a dr. But if it scars I will have serious concerns

quincy

Sorry, Proserpina. The state is North Carolina. Reidbo_2003's first thread had the state name but the content didn't post. I meant to mention that in my first post.

Reidbo_2003

I considered it, but I knew what had happened. Grease burn. I filled a report with the local Burger King and let them know I could pursue suit. Kept receipt and logged photos and initial voice recording of the initial problem. First timer Iv ever incurred this type of situation

quincy

North Carolina
North Carolina is a "contributory negligence" state, by the way, which means that if you contributed in any way to your injury, you can be denied any or all compensation.

Again, I do not see a lawsuit worth pursuing because I think it is reasonable for a person to expect a chicken sandwich freshly cooked in grease to be greasy and hot and, therefore, to wait to eat the sandwich until it cools down a bit. In other words, I do not see that Burger King is fully to blame for the injury.

Reidbo_2003

Well thanks for your opinion, that's what I needed. Just upset that Iv had to deal with this. I thought I might have a case. Thanks for your help everyone

quincy

Well thanks for your opinion, that's what I needed. Just upset that Iv had to deal with this. I thought I might have a case. Thanks for your help everyone
First, if there has been blistering and you fear there will be permanent scarring, you should see a doctor. You should have seen one immediately after you were burned if the burn was severe.

It is possible that Burger King had an obligation to warn you that the sandwich was just out of grease and would be very hot. And, although I think it is reasonable to expect a fresh sandwich pulled from grease to be hot, the sandwich made for you might have been dangerously hot.

In other words, I would not base any decision you make solely on the discouraging words you hear on a forum. Depending on what your doctor says, it could be worth an attorney's review. Advice from someone in your own area, who can see your injury and assess the facts, is best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">