• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Losing mother due to Mina stampede accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

megadeth

Hi,

I'm from Egypt, our story begins on 09/24/2015, my father and mother were in Saudi Arabia to perform the Hajj (The Hajj is an annual pilgrimage in Mecca prescribed as a duty for Muslims to undertake at least once in their lifetime if they can afford to do so physically and financially), a crowd collapse caused the deaths of at least 2,070 pilgrims (official number announced by Saudi Arabia) who were suffocated or crushed during the annual Hajj pilgrimage in Mina, Mecca, my father has been saved with a knee injury, while my mother was not found till date (two months ago).

So far, we have not received any confirmation from Saudi Arabia regarding the status of my mother, whether she is dead or alive. We were asked to provide our DNA test to Saudi Authority for identifying the missing, we did our part on 05/10/2015, however, we have not received any response from them.

We searched for her among the injured in all hospitals in KSA, and searched inside the morgue, but most of the identikit have changed due to lack of preservation, as the morgue was not having enough number of fridges, they have been put the corpses inside Meat and vegetables fridge trailers (which was an inhuman situation).

You can imagine what our feelings are now, we do not know the fate of our mother whether she is dead or alive?, Have they bury her corpse or still at morgue fridge?

There is a great negligence from Saudi Arabia in all sides, and we see that there is an organizing problem, and unsatisfactory dealing with the incident.

The question now is what are the procedures that we could take to raise a case against Saudi Arabia to punish offenders, and to expedite the incident investigation result, and above all, to stand on the status of my mother.

thanks in advance.

Proserpina

Hi,

I'm from Egypt, our story begins on 09/24/2015, my father and mother were in Saudi Arabia to perform the Hajj (The Hajj is an annual pilgrimage in Mecca prescribed as a duty for Muslims to undertake at least once in their lifetime if they can afford to do so physically and financially), a crowd collapse caused the deaths of at least 2,070 pilgrims (official number announced by Saudi Arabia) who were suffocated or crushed during the annual Hajj pilgrimage in Mina, Mecca, my father has been saved with a knee injury, while my mother was not found till date (two months ago).

So far, we have not received any confirmation from Saudi Arabia regarding the status of my mother, whether she is dead or alive. We were asked to provide our DNA test to Saudi Authority for identifying the missing, we did our part on 05/10/2015, however, we have not received any response from them.

We searched for her among the injured in all hospitals in KSA, and searched inside the morgue, but most of the identikit have changed due to lack of preservation, as the morgue was not having enough number of fridges, they have been put the corpses inside Meat and vegetables fridge trailers (which was an inhuman situation).

You can imagine what our feelings are now, we do not know the fate of our mother whether she is dead or alive?, Have they bury her corpse or still at morgue fridge?

There is a great negligence from Saudi Arabia in all sides, and we see that there is an organizing problem, and unsatisfactory dealing with the incident.

The question now is what are the procedures that we could take to raise a case against Saudi Arabia to punish offenders, and to expedite the incident investigation result, and above all, to stand on the status of my mother.

thanks in advance.
I'm very sorry for your loss, but this forum is only for US law questions.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's not that we wouldn't help if we could, but the law is different from country to country and we do not know the laws of your country.

I'm very sorry for your loss and for what happened to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">