• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical illness due to negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gaggz

Hi
We moved recently from Thousand Oaks to Torrance, CA. I rented an old unit that has drawing, dining, kitchen on street level and 2 bed-2bath on one level above. This house has a gas furnace that apparently was not cleaned in many, many years.

Here is what happened. My wife is pregnant and it was about 3 months into pregnancy when we relocated. All of a sudden, she started having cough that went from bad to worse. I have documented visits of doctors (actually I work in a clinic that caters to allergy, asthma patients) and the doctors gave her anti-allergics, cough meds that did not work. She was then put on 2 types of inhalers. No response. Steam, gargles - no use. Cough meds did not even work. Eventually, my wife had to be put on steroids......

In all this commotion, i wrote tons of emails (all saved) to the property management asking them to do carpet shampoo again. Incidently a month ago while signing lease I observed they used a very low down carpet shampoo machine and hence I believed they may get those useless guys again, so despite the management office offering to get the guys again, I prefered to buy a new Steam shampoo machine and did the whole house myself... ouch! I then called the furnace cleaners for estimation and they said they will not even dare look one more time into the furnace as it appears it has not been cleaned since 10 years! even the air intake of the furnace was fill of beer bottle caps, cobwebs, tons of dust and so on.

i complained once again to property management and they sent someone to clean the furnace only (and not the ducts). I have pictures of the furnace inside and it looks so so bad that I am shocked that I was inhaling that air! All communication, medical records, pictures are documented.

Once the cleaning of furnace was done, my wife was off steroids and inhalers in a weeks time.

She has suffered a lot. She was coughing so voraciously that once we thought we are going to lose our baby. I just want to make sure the property management firm does not take anyone else for granted, so is there anyway I can make them feel sorry for causing so much suffering to my wife? Note I work in allergy clinic and will have all medical records available!
Thanks
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

Antigone*

Hi
We moved recently from Thousand Oaks to Torrance, CA. I rented an old unit that has drawing, dining, kitchen on street level and 2 bed-2bath on one level above. This house has a gas furnace that apparently was not cleaned in many, many years.

Here is what happened. My wife is pregnant and it was about 3 months into pregnancy when we relocated. All of a sudden, she started having cough that went from bad to worse. I have documented visits of doctors (actually I work in a clinic that caters to allergy, asthma patients) and the doctors gave her anti-allergics, cough meds that did not work. She was then put on 2 types of inhalers. No response. Steam, gargles - no use. Cough meds did not even work. Eventually, my wife had to be put on steroids......

In all this commotion, i wrote tons of emails (all saved) to the property management asking them to do carpet shampoo again. Incidently a month ago while signing lease I observed they used a very low down carpet shampoo machine and hence I believed they may get those useless guys again, so despite the management office offering to get the guys again, I prefered to buy a new Steam shampoo machine and did the whole house myself... ouch! I then called the furnace cleaners for estimation and they said they will not even dare look one more time into the furnace as it appears it has not been cleaned since 10 years! even the air intake of the furnace was fill of beer bottle caps, cobwebs, tons of dust and so on.

i complained once again to property management and they sent someone to clean the furnace only (and not the ducts). I have pictures of the furnace inside and it looks so so bad that I am shocked that I was inhaling that air! All communication, medical records, pictures are documented.

Once the cleaning of furnace was done, my wife was off steroids and inhalers in a weeks time.

She has suffered a lot. She was coughing so voraciously that once we thought we are going to lose our baby. I just want to make sure the property management firm does not take anyone else for granted, so is there anyway I can make them feel sorry for causing so much suffering to my wife? Note I work in allergy clinic and will have all medical records available!
Thanks
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA
You didn't hit the law suit lotto even if you work in an allergy clinic.:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">