• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical mal practice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS
I got in a car wreck was taken by embulance to hospital , after cat scan and radio imaging to my shoulder the doc was axious to send me home i had my wife take me home my car was totalled. and i was still complaining of severe neck anshoulder hurt and numness in my hand. After i got home one hour later i suffer svere diziness vomitng and complete black out then was taken again to another hospital where i stayed for 8 days for broken C3-C5 in the neck which gave a stroke....
do i have a malpractice suit to this hospital cause i almost died and i am still not working and feeling dizzy and headache and numb in hand and slow walking...
if any attorney in Houston pls leave a message...

ecmst12

Sounds to me like your neck was broken in the car accident and all your problems stem from that. I assume they did x-rays of your neck at the first hospital, but it is entirely possible (even likely) that the fracture was not visible at the time due to swelling from the acute trauma.

If the car accident was someone else's fault, you of course have a case against the person who caused it. If it was your fault, then you are the one to blame for your injuries.

tranquility

I would certainly see an attorney. You have what could be profound damages which very well may have been prevented with medical care to stabilize you and reduce swelling.

If the attorneys you interview don't take the case on contingency, move on. But, if the facts are as you say, many attorneys would at least do some fact finding before rejecting the idea of a valid claim.

justalayman

I got in a car wreck was taken by embulance to hospital , after cat scan and radio imaging to my shoulder the doc was axious to send me home i had my wife take me home my car was totalled. and i was still complaining of severe neck anshoulder hurt and numness in my hand.
No tests on your neck or back? Did you complain of neck or back pain in the ER? Did you present with numbness of the extremities in the ER?

If the answers are no and then yes (to either of the last two questions), definitely speak with an attorney or two.

I do have to add though, based on this:

. After i got home one hour later i suffer svere diziness vomitng and complete black out then was taken again to another hospital where i stayed for 8 days for broken C3-C5 in the neck which gave a stroke....
you are incorrect that the fractured vertebra is what caused the stroke (at least directly). If a fracture remains in place, it would cause no noticeable problems. A stroke is due to a blockage of an artery leading to the brain or within the brain itself. It is often caused by a blood clot that breaks away from an injury (involving bleeding including something as simple as bruising) to another part of the body that travels to the brain and blocks blood flow. That blockage could also be caused by swelling due to the accident as well and may not have been present at the time of medical treatment.

So, depending on what caused the stroke and where the possible clot that caused the stroke originated, the lack of diagnostic services on your neck may or may not have had anything to do with this. In fact, there may be no malpractice at all or there could be a serious breach of their medical duties.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">