• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor hurt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

exhausted98

Oklahoma. If a minor was hurt on my property without me being present, am I still liable for injuries? My home owners won't cover it.

cyjeff

The answer to your question is "it depends".

Can you give us the details of what the minor was doing when he/she was hurt?

tammy8

Why wouldn't your homeowners cover it? Was it on a trampoline (which some company exclude and SPELL out plainly in every homeowners policy)?

sandyclaus

Oklahoma. If a minor was hurt on my property without me being present, am I still liable for injuries? My home owners won't cover it.
You could very well be.

Why were you not present when minor children were at your home? (This could become a negligence or lack of supervision issue)

What were the circumstances under which the child was injured?

Was your insurance premium paid up to date and current at the time of the incident?

Did the incident involve any special equipment not specifically covered under the insurance policy (such as trampolines or swimming pools)?

Do you live on the property, or is it rented out to tenants who occupy it? (Since it is my understanding that homeowner's coverage only covers the property when you live there, if you are renting out to tenants, then it could void your coverage. There is specific coverage required for rental property.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">