• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Murdered at a bar. Owner of bar has repeat violent conduct on premise and in other b

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nlanea44

Alaska.
My infant sons father was murdered at a bar. The bar has repeated incidents of violent crimes/shooting/stabbings. The own of the bar has owned that specific address and frequently starts up new business under new names when something bad happens. Just a year prior he owned another bar where another young father was murdered after being kicked out for a fight. (Negligence case ongoing for that) rather than take any precautionary or reasonable safety measures (better lighting, security cameras, adequate training for security, metal detectors) he closes he bar down or sells to a friend and then repurchases either the same bar under a new name or another location. Operates under limited liability and did not have insurance. My precious lawyer said it's pointless because we would be going after nothing but bar stools. I'm currently raising awareness in the community for new ordinances and legislation because it's become a public safety issue. How can we hold these owners accountable for actively risking and continuing to risk public safety in order to maximize his own monetary gain.

Eekamouse

Alaska.
My infant sons father was murdered at a bar. The bar has repeated incidents of violent crimes/shooting/stabbings. The own of the bar has owned that specific address and frequently starts up new business under new names when something bad happens. Just a year prior he owned another bar where another young father was murdered after being kicked out for a fight. (Negligence case ongoing for that) rather than take any precautionary or reasonable safety measures (better lighting, security cameras, adequate training for security, metal detectors) he closes he bar down or sells to a friend and then repurchases either the same bar under a new name or another location. Operates under limited liability and did not have insurance. My precious lawyer said it's pointless because we would be going after nothing but bar stools. I'm currently raising awareness in the community for new ordinances and legislation because it's become a public safety issue. How can we hold these owners accountable for actively risking and continuing to risk public safety in order to maximize his own monetary gain.
Did the bar owner murder him? Did the murder occur inside the bar? Was anyone arrested for the murder?

quincy

Alaska.
You apparently are doing what you need to do which is working with your community to get new ordinances in place.

All property owners have a duty to their patrons. Whether the bar owner can be held accountable for the murders due to a lack of lighting or security cameras or trained security guards or metal detectors at his bar will depend on where, when, how and why the incidents occurred.

I am sorry about the loss of your son's father. With two murders at the bar, I would think that the police would be monitoring the activities in the area pretty carefully. I hope both murderers were caught, convicted and are now in prison.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">