• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My daughter got hurt at school.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Speedy_Beebe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
My daughter yesterday was pushed off a two foot rock wall from another student. She now has a minor break in her arm. The schools director told me that the child has been a problem for the past week or so. Is there anything legally that I can do?

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
My daughter yesterday was pushed off a two foot rock wall from another student. She now has a minor break in her arm. The schools director told me that the child has been a problem for the past week or so. Is there anything legally that I can do?
How old is your daughter and the other child?

You Are Guilty

At that age, it is unlikely that there is any formal legal action you could successfully maintain (generally, kids under 5 are the cutoff). You might be able to file with the school's insurance if they have some sort of no-fault provision, but to be honest, I doubt that will amount to anything.

You can also ask the other child's parents to pay for your kid's medical bills. Or you could just threaten to sue them (without actually suing them), in the hopes that might do the trick as well.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">