• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My fiancee broke about 3/4 of a tooth after biting Almond Roca

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iuakpunonu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My fiancee bit into an Almond Roca two days ago (Saturday) and broke about 3/4 of a tooth. We collected the wrapper and candy she had spit out with a lot of blood, and stored in sandwich bag. I sent an email to the company next.

Today (Monday), the called me first thing in the morning. They wanted to know serial # of can, and they are also sending me a bag for me to use in sending everything I collected back to them. They will have their Q.A. Dept take a look at it and then it goes to their insurance company.

I understand they need to see what the hard substance was that caused her broken tooth, but I also am not comfortable just giving them the sample because then it would be gone and could be my word against them.

I need some legal advice as soon as possible, please. I may even need legal services. Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

Was there a foreign object in the candy or did her tooth break on the normal stuff that was supposed to be in there?

If there was nothing unexpected in there, then her tooth broke because it was weakened for some other reason and since she knew what she was biting into, she assumed that risk.

racer72

Almond Roca is made from butter toffee which is very hard. I have never bit into a piece of it. Standard is to eat the chocolate cashew coating then suck on the toffee. My aunt works for the company that make it so I have eaten too much of it over the years.

sandyclaus

Almond Roca is made from butter toffee which is very hard. I have never bit into a piece of it. Standard is to eat the chocolate cashew coating then suck on the toffee. My aunt works for the company that make it so I have eaten too much of it over the years.
LOL I love that stuff... although in our house, we used to give it the unappetizing nickname of "kitty poop" because it really does look like the stuff in the litter box. Can't say I've EVER tasted the REAL stuff :)eek:), but the real Almond Roca is pretty tasty...:D

Isis1

i'm jealous. really really jealous.:mad::mad:

FlyingRon

I can tell you that STICKY stuff is almost always the last straw for yanking off the piece of an already cracked tooth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">