• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My host on AirBNB wants to sue me for unplugging his fridge & ruining his meds. HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rsanchez00

My host on AirBNB wants to sue me for unplugging his fridge & ruining his meds. HELP!

Hi guys,

I rented an apartment on AirBNB for 2 weeks. While there, I unplugged a small minifridge located in the bedroom because I needed to use the plug.
Once the owner got back, he said that his insulin was in that fridge & that by unplugging it, I cost him $3000 in lost meds. He did not charge me any safety deposit, & now he says I am responsible for paying him for those meds. He did not tell me directly anything about that fridge needing to be on, but he claims he told my roommate verbally about it. My roommate denies that.

So my questions are:
1) Does he have a case that I am responsible for his lost meds?
2) What defense should I use?
3) In general, what are the obligations of a tenant to an AirBNB rental & what legal recourse does the host have if he thinks the guest damaged his property?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">