• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor uses our land...am i liable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DiamondGrove

Washington...Just bought bare acreage, however a part of it is waterfront and next to my neighbor. He has been walking and duck hunting across the little bank near the water for 16+ years. Can I have a form signed saying that I'm not liable for him if he's injured on his own accord?

quincy

Washington...Just bought bare acreage, however a part of it is waterfront and next to my neighbor. He has been walking and duck hunting across the little bank near the water for 16+ years. Can I have a form signed saying that I'm not liable for him if he's injured on his own accord?
Yes. You can have a form signed saying that you are not liable for any injuries he suffers on your property. He can still sue you for any injuries he suffers on your property.

I suggest you post No Trespassing signs. And have insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">