• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA slip and fall in grocery store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TinaLShaffer

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania (York)

I was in a grocery store earlier today, around 2:45 p.m. I had reached down to pick up a container of bleach and when I went to step back, I slipped and fell on my butt/side. I looked and realized there was a bottle of fabric softener that had spilled and I was sitting in the puddle. I was with a friend, who immediately helped me up and then another women from futher up the aisle came to help me too. She pointed out there was a wet floor cone out, but it was further up the aisle and in the middle. The fabric softener spill was right up against the shelf and poured a little out into the aisle. When I went up to the checkout, I asked the cashier if they have specific people who clean up spills and she said yes. I told her about the spill and the cone in aisle 6. She didn't make any calls or notify anyone while I was there, but she did ask me again before I left which aisle it was on.

I then went back 20 minutes later (we were next door waiting for my daughter to get her state ID at the PennDOT center). The spill was still there and the cone was still there and it looked like a few more people had smeared through it. On leaving, the door to the break room was open and there were quite a few gentleman in there that looked to be janitorial types, talking and hanging out.

Since I was sitting most of that time, now that I'm home, I can barely walk - I know there's going to be a bruise, but I just had a series of falls at work and broke my ribs and toes on both feet and I'm concerned about it having aggravated that, as well as caused a problem in my hip, because that is where it hurts.

My husband says I should call my ortho and have him order me x-rays at least at the ER, since it is Friday and his office is closed.

So do I have a case to prove negligence because they obviously left that spill there and the wet floor cone was misplaced?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">