• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paternity test mix up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skidoomxz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ny

I am in NY and now Florida When I was a child I was in a bad bike accident and had major surgery to which I was told I couldnt have kids. When married to my now ex wife we tried for two years to have kids. I did all the testing and of course I am shooting blanks. Let just say all my parts do not work, I have a internal pump to make them work.

Two years ago I hooked up with my cousins room mate. A year later I am getting letters for paternity testing. I went to court without a lawyer showed all my documentation from being a kid right up to the couple years prior. The judge wanted to hear nothing demanded I take the test.

I showed up to this military type base, about 30 guys are all there for the same thing. I took the test and didnt sweat a bullet.

I go back to court and am told I am 99.9% the father. I almost sh#t a brick. I was ordered to pay 329.00 a week in support and given every other weekend to a baby girl for visitation. I was kind of elated though because I do want kids. I grew up with 8 siblings.

So I pick the baby up with my mother for a total of 6 weekends. My baby does not look like me. I am blonde so is the mother. The baby is dark haired and dark skinned. The mother says her father is Italian. I dont sweat it. But my mother does. My mother aiding me with my daughter orders one of the those internet dna test kits and does it on the my daughter without me knowing. It comes back a month later this is not my baby.

I confront the mother and it gets really ugly. She tells me I cant see the baby and I have to call the police several times and then file for contempt. I then order another test through another site just to be sure and again it comes back I am not the father.

I went down to the court asking for my DNA test and am given it. On the test it states the mother is not the mother but the I am the father. WHAT the HELL? The court clerk was baffled. She gets my phone number and asks that I bring in my DNA evidence.

I bring my evidence to the court clerk was ordered another DNA testing through the court at the contempt hearing. The mother did not show for the first one but then showed for the second one. Test came back I was not the father.

The child is bi racial. The mother then took off to Florida to live with her sister. Well now Florida is taking child support from me when it was dropped. I have sent them proof I am not the father, along with the court records showing the support was dropped, the case closed.

Can I sue the DNA lab and the judge. The old quack misread the DNA test report and then ordered child support. I want my money back along with resitution. I thought I had a child after years of being told I could not have one, this gave me such hope for the future. I loved this little girl but I am not paying for her if she is not mine. I spent at least 2k extra on clothing, a crib, diapers, formula etc.

I want someone to pay for this. This has wrecked my life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">