• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wickedstick

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

My wife was at a minor league baseball game and when leaving stepped in a hole in a grassy median that separates the parking areas. It looks like there may have been a handicapped parking sign there at one time and the hole never got filled in.

An EMT from the ballpark looked at her injury and recommended she go to the ER for XRays. We contacted the ballpark the next day and they put us in touch with their insurance people who promptly paid the medical bills we sent them. My wife inquired about getting compensated for her lost wages (she was in a cast and had to miss a couple days work - she's paid by the hour so does not get paid if she doesn't work). Now they're getting all defensive and sent this:

Do I have a deal for you! I understand that you fell while walking in a grassy area that is within the parking lot. It is difficult, at best, to provide a flat walking surface in the grass. Typically, when patrons are walking in a grassy area and step into a depression, hole, rock, tree root, etc., it is known and understood that our wonderful world does contain these items, Grass is simply not perfect nor flat. Now - having said that - we can still work together to make sure that your lost wages are reimbursed to you without you having to try to blame <Ballpark - omitted> for your fall and injury. Are you interested?

I haven't heard what they are offering but was just curious if this is something we should even entertain?
Thanks

chris1002

sounds like they are trying to scare you. go after the couple of days pay. you deserve it. they probably have maintenance people and that is as easy as some dirt and sod!

justalayman

Now - having said that - we can still work together to make sure that your lost wages are reimbursed to you without you having to try to blame <Ballpark - omitted> for your fall and injury. Are you interested?
Very unbusiness like in it's wording but what it appears to be is an offer for the wages if she signs a waiver of liability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">