• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal injury and emotional distress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sanjiv

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I (international student) was in relationship with other international student on april 2016 she went back to her country in june and return on august. we had sex and on august i left from Iowa to different state on end of august in the mean time she gave me $800 as a gift to start a new life which i accepted. I tired to get rid of her so i discontinued phone connection and block on facebook. she start looking for me as found, she was pregnant. i asked her to drop a baby (making different story) in IOWA when she was still in IOWA and she drop the baby in IOWA state. after abortion we start conversation on facebook and sometime on phone. i give a bit of pressure making different story which she accepted. Finally she said she has a after abortion complication and i asked her to check but she wants to meet me. she went back to china to check herself as it was cheap in china. she came back in february and we end up breaking relationship once she find me i did not meet her. Now she is claiming back her money for medical bill abortion bill and the money that she give me as a gift which eventually become loan for her around $4000. we discuss on email regarding money (my bad) and i told her i will give some money immediately if she is in need. but she did not come up with the figure how much. and i did not return. and now she wrote me a email saying she wants her money back and she want to sue me for personal injury and emotional distress case.

1. will she be able to file a personal injury and emotional distress case with above small story??
2. If she file the case where can she file a case ( as we are in different state)??
3.how to defend this case if she file the case??

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I (international student) was in relationship with other international student on april 2016 she went back to her country in june and return on august. we had sex and on august i left from Iowa to different state on end of august in the mean time she gave me $800 as a gift to start a new life which i accepted. I tired to get rid of her so i discontinued phone connection and block on facebook. she start looking for me as found, she was pregnant. i asked her to drop a baby (making different story) in IOWA when she was still in IOWA and she drop the baby in IOWA state. after abortion we start conversation on facebook and sometime on phone. i give a bit of pressure making different story which she accepted. Finally she said she has a after abortion complication and i asked her to check but she wants to meet me. she went back to china to check herself as it was cheap in china. she came back in february and we end up breaking relationship once she find me i did not meet her. Now she is claiming back her money for medical bill abortion bill and the money that she give me as a gift which eventually become loan for her around $4000. we discuss on email regarding money (my bad) and i told her i will give some money immediately if she is in need. but she did not come up with the figure how much. and i did not return. and now she wrote me a email saying she wants her money back and she want to sue me for personal injury and emotional distress case.

1. will she be able to file a personal injury and emotional distress case with above small story??
2. If she file the case where can she file a case ( as we are in different state)??
3.how to defend this case if she file the case??
Ignore her, utterly and completely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">