• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Injury.Landlord negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikedd

What is the name of your state (only Illinois

I sustained a spine and arm injury at the house I was renting when a water heater exploded from the pressure valve. I fell from a ladder while relacing a lightbukb at the time of the exlosion. My landlord did not have inxurance on the building from whay his son said. The landlord is trying to sell the building
and it is his only property in USA. He lives in Europe. One lawyer said I may not have a remedy. Another said I might.
Of course I need to meet for a consultation.
Question is there anything I can do to secure or stop the sale of the property he is attempting? The one atty I know wil be meeting with me but if he files a personal injury case is there a way to immediately stop him from selling the property once the case is filed. That is his only asset in the USA?

sandyclaus

Is this the same LL who is allegedly your family member who you paid the taxes on the building for and for whom you are allegedly managing the property?

Funny how this story keeps changing. Mighty funny.

(Posting hx, folks...)

mikedd

No,and you misread the question regarding my LL. He owed taxes but I wasn't sure if he paid them. You misread or mis-interpreted the question with this question and a question regarding my landlord's taxes.
This question was answered by the 1st erson whom I thank.

justalayman

This question was answered by the 1st erson whom I thank.
well, they answered it but not 100% correctly. There is something you can do but given your posting history and attitude, I am not inclined to expand on it anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">