• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Trainer Church Fitness Group Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Corbros

Toledo, Ohio

Hi guys,

I am a personal trainer looking to teach some free (non-profit) fitness classes at my church. My question is pretty straightforward: If someone sustains an injury from exercise during one of these classes on church property, can the church be held liable and sued? If so, what can I do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Just Blue

Toledo, Ohio

Hi guys,

I am a personal trainer looking to teach some free (non-profit) fitness classes at my church. My question is pretty straightforward: If someone sustains an injury from exercise during one of these classes on church property, can the church be held liable and sued? If so, what can I do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.
Depends...perhaps. I will ask the Ohio attorney to look at your thread. :)

single317dad

Liability insurance is relatively cheap, and with the litigious nature of today's society, it's really silly to proceed without it. If the church is already insured, ask their agent whether their policy covers your activities, or whether a rider can be added. If not, plan on a cost of $300-600/yr.

This broker's site has some data on liability insurance costs:

http://www.insureon.com/insureonu/costs/general-liability

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">