• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

physical injury and damage to property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reenav

I filed a legal case against two women who hit men last november 3rd.
after the incident i went to the hospital to have a medico legal examination . so i filed physical injuries and damage to property against them because they also broke my laptop which i am using for my work because i am an online teacher. at first i asked 50 000 pesos as damages becuase it caused me physucal suffereing, humiliation, sleepless nights and many more but they asked me to lower down the amount because they told me that they do not have money and the like. so we agreed in the lupon that they will pay me 20 000 pesos for the damaged laptop aND for the number of days that i won't be able to work. so i didn't ask for moral damages for my hematoma and wounds. we agreed in the settlement that they will pay 20 000 until nov. 15 2012 but they until now they haven't paid for it. they went to the lupon on nov. 16 to ask our party about the said settlement which is the day after the due date of the settlement. so what does it mean? can i still pursue the case and just decline the settlement that they will offer me tomorrow? thank you. how can i continue the case since the did not comply with our settlement agreement. thank you very much

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I filed a legal case against two women who hit men last november 3rd.
after the incident i went to the hospital to have a medico legal examination . so i filed physical injuries and damage to property against them because they also broke my laptop which i am using for my work because i am an online teacher. at first i asked 50 000 pesos as damages becuase it caused me physucal suffereing, humiliation, sleepless nights and many more but they asked me to lower down the amount because they told me that they do not have money and the like. so we agreed in the lupon that they will pay me 20 000 pesos for the damaged laptop aND for the number of days that i won't be able to work. so i didn't ask for moral damages for my hematoma and wounds. we agreed in the settlement that they will pay 20 000 until nov. 15 2012 but they until now they haven't paid for it. they went to the lupon on nov. 16 to ask our party about the said settlement which is the day after the due date of the settlement. so what does it mean? can i still pursue the case and just decline the settlement that they will offer me tomorrow? thank you. how can i continue the case since the did not comply with our settlement agreement. thank you very much
Sorry, this forum is for US law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">