• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plastic sharp piece in donut...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kahamarca

Here is the background:

I received a box of donuts at work
I bit into one and felt a sharp pain in my mouth.
I also felt something hard and thought it was a piece of a tooth.
After spitting it out I noticed that it was a piece of hard plastic which made me upset.
I have a two year old son and thought about what could have happened if he had that donut...

I contacted the corporate office on the phone and their response was to email them, which I did.
In the email I told them exactly what happened and that I was looking forward to their response.

I have still not received a response and my question is...

Do I have a case? Should I contact a lawyer?
I have saved the box with the donuts and the shard.
This was last week by the way...

ecmst12

You were not injured, you were "upset". You don't get money for being upset. If you included your address in your email, you might get some coupons for free donuts. You do NOT have any kind of a case for a lawsuit. Sorry, no lawsuit lottery for you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
"I received a box of donuts at work"

How do you even know that the item was in the donut when it left the store, prior to you receiving it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">