• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

proof of funds 2buy house. can the funds b confiscated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sxr951

Hello. A year ago I finally let my c cards go way past due in 2 collection . Also my home to 4closure. I honestly paid those minimums for a long time. Just couldn't keep up. Then I let my home go 2 4closure w chase. I tried to make arrangements w bank to pay them 30k and mortgage the rest of the 56k..but their recovery dept ran an auction anyway. So....I want to buy a 4closed fixxer upper.MY QUESTION IS> if I put up 35k for proof of funds to make an offer thru a bank.who owns the 4closure. How soon will my money b at risk for one of my past card creditors or the bank I lost my home too.to get a judgement against me..I didn't see any judgements against me on county website so far.and its been 6 months since I lost my house. So....is it safe if I put in the bank for pofunds for now?. I mean.. don't they have to find out Isuddenly have money first then go thru the courts..and how long does that take? How long shoukd I leave it at risk b4 withdrawing it?? Thank u..!!! Really need to now rt away if you can.thank you!! .dee ski in florida:)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello. A year ago I finally let my c cards go way past due in 2 collection . Also my home to 4closure. I honestly paid those minimums for a long time. Just couldn't keep up. Then I let my home go 2 4closure w chase. I tried to make arrangements w bank to pay them 30k and mortgage the rest of the 56k..but their recovery dept ran an auction anyway. So....I want to buy a 4closed fixxer upper.MY QUESTION IS> if I put up 35k for proof of funds to make an offer thru a bank.who owns the 4closure. How soon will my money b at risk for one of my past card creditors or the bank I lost my home too.to get a judgement against me..I didn't see any judgements against me on county website so far.and its been 6 months since I lost my house. So....is it safe if I put in the bank for pofunds for now?. I mean.. don't they have to find out Isuddenly have money first then go thru the courts..and how long does that take? How long shoukd I leave it at risk b4 withdrawing it?? Thank u..!!! Really need to now rt away if you can.thank you!! .dee ski in florida:)
Why don't you use that $35k to pay your debts?

quincy

Your post has nothing to do with personal injury or wrongful death. I am wondering why you picked this section of the forum when so many other sections would have been far more appropriate.

I agree with Zigner that you should use your available funds to pay off your debts and you should probably rent rather than thinking of buying another home at this point, until your financial house is in order. Speaking with a financial counselor would be smart and is advised.

sxr951

I agree

Why don't you use that $35k to pay your debts?
I tried to pay it off.and chase recovery agreed
. I told them let me pay 30k now and ill set up a payments..they even send papers to that effect but no senior officers there signed it just the flunky who prob quit by.now.. so anywY..they went over my head and auctioned it .but the govt pays the banks anyway.so tgey don't give a crap

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I tried to pay it off.and chase recovery agreed
. I told them let me pay 30k now and ill set up a payments..they even send papers to that effect but no senior officers there signed it just the flunky who prob quit by.now.. so anywY..they went over my head and auctioned it .but the govt pays the banks anyway.so tgey don't give a crap
Now that you don't have a house to pay for you can pay all those credit cards.

By the way, your attitude towards your debt and personal responsibility really suck.

sxr951

Your post has nothing to do with personal injury or wrongful death. I am wondering why you picked this section of the forum when so many other sections would have been far more appropriate.

I agree with Zigner that you should use your available funds to pay off your debts and you should probably rent rather than thinking of buying another home at this point, until your financial house is in order. Speaking with a financial counselor would be smart and is advised.

Renting is not smart..I want the house to rent out and run a bussiness from the back yard garage..this way I'll have extra income t pay bills.etc.chase bank are the ones who.need financial counseling as they gave away a house way under market value. I had it all worked out to pay them off in 7 years. But....as a stated the banjs don't care they are gangsters.. jp morgan is even exempt from fair collection laws.

quincy

Renting is not smart..I want the house to rent out and run a bussiness from the back yard garage..this way I'll have extra income t pay bills.etc.chase bank are the ones who.need financial counseling as they gave away a house way under market value. I had it all worked out to pay them off in 7 years. But....as a stated the banjs don't care they are gangsters.. jp morgan is even exempt from fair collection laws.
You might be limited to renting an apartment for yourself.

You have debts to take care of before thinking of buying a house and starting a new business. You are not likely to get a loan with the debts you have and with your recent foreclosure. There are a lot of costs involved in the implementation of your plans that you do not appear to have considered (home maintenance, taxes, business permits and licensing). The money you have available is not likely to cover even a portion of these costs.

Trying to do more than your money allows is probably what got you into the financial situation you find yourself in now.

In other words, your plans as you envision them are not likely to work in the near future. I recommend you sit down with a financial counselor so that the counselor can work with you to come up with a workable financial plan to get you where you want to be.

Good luck.

Proserpina

You're really the last person on the planet entitled to call someone or something else "not smart".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">