• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restroom Nightmare!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acvegasUSA

(A NEWBIE/FIRST POST)

Yesterday while at work around about 2PM I experienced a horrific terrifying experience while using a major hotel resort co-ed restroom area here in Las Vegas, Nevada.

I am a shuttle bus driver for a major hotel. At a second major resort hotel (not associated with the company I work for) I was visiting – I had to use to use their co-ed restroom.

This hotel resort has a special outside restroom in the downstairs (Ground Zero) area especially for Shuttle & Taxi Cab Drivers who pick-up and drop off passengers (again the hotel resort where my incident occurred is not associated with the hotel resort I work for driving Shuttles).

I entered the co-ed hotel resort has a special outside restroom - once inside designed this particular restroom is designed with a solid thick brick wall with a thick steel metal enter/exit door (similar to most jail facilities). Once inside I locked the door as normal and once I was ready to exit the door lock refused to give (or open); I could not exit. I immediately began to wiggle and pull back and forth on the thick steel door metal handle trying to get it to open. Repeatedly nothing would happen ….so I began to bang hard on the door trying to get anyone’s attention walking or passing near the outside of the restroom. I began to panic (so-to-speak) but kept calm. My body began to get warm – due to nervousness, emotional/psychological trauma and anxiety and claustrophobia. After about eight minutes or so of wiggling and banging on the door some lady on the outside heard the wiggling and banging of the door by me and asked me was I stuck. Which I said yes; she then said she would call for help. About ten minutes later the maintenance people of the hotel showed up to assist. They had to use a crow-bar on the steel door to open and let me out. The maintenance people immediately placed an “Out-Of-Service” notice on that restroom. I did not need any type of medical assistance of any type after the ordeal – so no medical assistance was called upon. I just was a little shaken; shocked.

Keep in mind this particular co-ed restroom is for and mainly used randomly by Taxi Cab Drivers/Shuttle Bus Drivers, etc., and generally is not known or used by the general public and has very little “human foot-traffic” within that area; but lots of on-going passing by vehicle traffic – persons in their vehicles not using that restroom – just simply driving by.

And during this incident (about a fifteen minute ordeal or so); I mistakenly left my cellular phone and company two-way radio within the Shuttle. So I had no way of calling for assistance. Believe me; leaving my cellular phone behind – that want happen again to me anywhere.

I was not physically hurt; no ambulance was called or needed; do I have some type of “Mental Pain & Suffering” (a Lawsuit of some type) case or I have no case at all that a lawyer will take?:confused:

Silverplum

(A NEWBIE/FIRST POST)

Yesterday while at work around about 2PM I experienced a horrific terrifying experience while using a major hotel resort co-ed restroom area here in Las Vegas, Nevada.

I am a shuttle bus driver for a major hotel. At a second major resort hotel (not associated with the company I work for) I was visiting – I had to use to use their co-ed restroom.

This hotel resort has a special outside restroom in the downstairs (Ground Zero) area especially for Shuttle & Taxi Cab Drivers who pick-up and drop off passengers (again the hotel resort where my incident occurred is not associated with the hotel resort I work for driving Shuttles).

I entered the co-ed hotel resort has a special outside restroom - once inside designed this particular restroom is designed with a solid thick brick wall with a thick steel metal enter/exit door (similar to most jail facilities). Once inside I locked the door as normal and once I was ready to exit the door lock refused to give (or open); I could not exit. I immediately began to wiggle and pull back and forth on the thick steel door metal handle trying to get it to open. Repeatedly nothing would happen ….so I began to bang hard on the door trying to get anyone’s attention walking or passing near the outside of the restroom. I began to panic (so-to-speak) but kept calm. My body began to get warm – due to nervousness, emotional/psychological trauma and anxiety and claustrophobia. After about eight minutes or so of wiggling and banging on the door some lady on the outside heard the wiggling and banging of the door by me and asked me was I stuck. Which I said yes; she then said she would call for help. About ten minutes later the maintenance people of the hotel showed up to assist. They had to use a crow-bar on the steel door to open and let me out. The maintenance people immediately placed an “Out-Of-Service” notice on that restroom. I did not need any type of medical assistance of any type after the ordeal – so no medical assistance was called upon. I just was a little shaken; shocked.

Keep in mind this particular co-ed restroom is for and mainly used randomly by Taxi Cab Drivers/Shuttle Bus Drivers, etc., and generally is not known or used by the general public and has very little “human foot-traffic” within that area; but lots of on-going passing by vehicle traffic – persons in their vehicles not using that restroom – just simply driving by.

And during this incident (about a fifteen minute ordeal or so); I mistakenly left my cellular phone and company two-way radio within the Shuttle. So I had no way of calling for assistance. Believe me; leaving my cellular phone behind – that want happen again to me anywhere.

I was not physically hurt; no ambulance was called or needed; do I have some type of “Mental Pain & Suffering” (a Lawsuit of some type) case or I have no case at all that a lawyer will take?:confused:
I agree with cbg.

Fortunately, Las Vegas is close to Hollywood.

xylene

You were stuck in a bathroom for ~20 minutes total, less than half of it was while not knowing help was on the way.

You have no damages, neither for your 'trauma' nor experiencing claustrophobia.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
When I was college I was trapped alone in an elevator for about the same amount of time... During finals week.

I survived by eating popcorn and studying for my next exam. :rolleyes:

Um, yeah. You've got no case. If anything, perhaps you could be in trouble/at fault for putting yourself in a position where you couldn't be reached by your employer during that time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">