• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Robbed and dragged by car in wal mart parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I was at wal mart, i saw a person i sum what know, he asked me if i had change for a big bill i told him, he i gave him the change he passed me a bill i looked down and saw it was a 1. He proceeded to drive off while my hand was on the car he sped up and somewhat dragged me about 10 feet before i had a chance to let go, he gunned it to about 25 and i lost grip and hit the ground pretty damn hard...all while the security was sittin there in his truck, he did nothing, just sat there. i was pretty shaken and a little injured and the employees did was laugh..no one offered to call an ambulance or the police..infact i got into with one of the workers who was on the phone making a joke about it to one of his friends..ehh i dont know...i think the store should of done something..i mean it happened in there parking lot..

CdwJava

The store personnel are not responsible for someone else's criminal act ... though, really, you should have let go of the car. Your injury sounds as if it was your fault.

So, did you call the police? Did they determine that a crime was committed? If so, did they arrest the suspect? Were you able to identify him?

Did you seek medical attention? If so, what were your injuries?

This ... uh ... wasn't an exchange of money for something else, was it??? Remember, Wal-Mart has surveillance cameras ...

The store personnel are not responsible for someone else's criminal act ... though, really, you should have let go of the car. Your injury sounds as if it was your fault.

So, did you call the police? Did they determine that a crime was committed? If so, did they arrest the suspect? Were you able to identify him?

Did you seek medical attention? If so, what were your injuries?

This ... uh ... wasn't an exchange of money for something else, was it??? Remember, Wal-Mart has surveillance cameras ...

If they look at the footage they will see me hand him money, and him hand me money back, nothing else in my hand, nor his..and my hand was on his car,he took off so fast, it took about a split second for me to realize he was moving, and about another split second to realize that my hand was still holding on to the door, and thats all it took for me to get slammed to the ground. I did call the police, and they wanted to meet me there at wal mart, but i know this guy is a gang member..and im kind of scared what will happen..so i declined. i told them i would be in contact.. im debating on wether or not to call. I know his name, and im hoping that walmart will keep the video so that way if i do decide to ATTEMPT to press charges i have some proof. as far as needing medical attention, i probally needed it.. I sat there for a second, i felt my head and my face, i didnt have any blood or pain, i streched my arms and legs, i was able to move all limbs..I slowly stood up... no dizzyness, all in all i think i was pretty lucky, i am just a bit sore..mostly my arm and my neck hurt, im not bruised or cut anywhere..so i decided to just dust my self off, contact the police and finish shopping...my ego probally suffered the biggest injury, there were chicks around...

and btw.. im not sure if its robbery, i mean he did take my property(money) and i was injured during the course of the theft. During that second split second i knew if i didnt let go of the car and allow him to complete the crime, i was in imminent danger of being hurt or killed.

Last edited:

CdwJava

If they look at the footage they will see me hand him money, and him hand me money back, nothing else in my hand, nor his..
That'd be good.

I did call the police, and they wanted to meet me there at wal mart, but i know this guy is a gang member..and im kind of scared what will happen..so i declined. i told them i would be in contact.. im debating on wether or not to call.
The longer you wait the less likely that they will be able to act on it ... provided a crime can be proven. You might say that he gave you a $1 bill, and he might say otherwise. And since they did not respond to the scene, all of those potential witnesses are likely in the wind. I doubt the police would spend a great deal of time trying to identify and track down witnesses to what might be a simple petty theft through fraud.

And why would you be exchanging money with a gang member that scares you??? I wouldn't give a guy like that a second look. Or, it'd be, "Sorry, all tapped out by my wife and multitude of teenagers."

and btw.. im not sure if its robbery, i mean he did take my property(money) and i was injured during the course of the theft. During that second split second i knew if i didnt let go of the car and allow him to complete the crime, i was in imminent danger of being hurt or killed.
I'm not sure it'll qualify as robbery since it doesn't seem to be force or fear that caused your injury - he was merely driving off and you took a spill. But, the police there should have some idea whether it qualifies.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I was at wal mart, i saw a person i sum what know, he asked me if i had change for a big bill i told him, he i gave him the change he passed me a bill i looked down and saw it was a 1. He proceeded to drive off while my hand was on the car he sped up and somewhat dragged me about 10 feet before i had a chance to let go, he gunned it to about 25 and i lost grip and hit the ground pretty damn hard...all while the security was sittin there in his truck, he did nothing, just sat there. i was pretty shaken and a little injured and the employees did was laugh..no one offered to call an ambulance or the police..infact i got into with one of the workers who was on the phone making a joke about it to one of his friends..ehh i dont know...i think the store should of done something..i mean it happened in there parking lot..
See also:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/maybe-im-crazy-but-i-feel-like-someone-watching-me-601487.html
https://forum.freeadvice.com/sentencing-parole-pardons-plea-bargains-29/methadone-while-jail-601486.html
https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/lot-drug-related-traffic-lol-my-579041.html

Last edited:

Ladyback1

If they look at the footage they will see me hand him money, and him hand me money back, nothing else in my hand, nor his..and my hand was on his car,he took off so fast, it took about a split second for me to realize he was moving, and about another split second to realize that my hand was still holding on to the door, and thats all it took for me to get slammed to the ground. I did call the police, and they wanted to meet me there at wal mart, but i know this guy is a gang member..and im kind of scared what will happen..so i declined. i told them i would be in contact.. im debating on wether or not to call. I know his name, and im hoping that walmart will keep the video so that way if i do decide to ATTEMPT to press charges i have some proof. as far as needing medical attention, i probally needed it.. I sat there for a second, i felt my head and my face, i didnt have any blood or pain, i streched my arms and legs, i was able to move all limbs..I slowly stood up... no dizzyness, all in all i think i was pretty lucky, i am just a bit sore..mostly my arm and my neck hurt, im not bruised or cut anywhere..so i decided to just dust my self off, contact the police and finish shopping...my ego probally suffered the biggest injury, there were chicks around...

The video from WM will so grainy and so distant that the police won't be able to tell much.

Something is fishy about your story.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If they look at the footage they will see me hand him money, and him hand me money back, nothing else in my hand, nor his...
*IF* were a drug dealer and I knew there was surveillance cameras, I might think it a good idea to wrap the drugs inside a $1 bill so that I could later claim I was just making change for some random guy in the parking lot.

:rolleyes:

Jeezus christmas you guys are so judgmental..lol.. he wasnt a random guy, he was i guy i used to work with at a call center,, we sat next to each other just about every day i didnt think hed burn me like that..i was just trying to help him out...and i wasnt scared of him because i had no reason to be, he always seemed like a cool guy and never talked about commiting crimes before...i just worry what might happen if i do go to the police and he gets in trouble..and all that wrapping drugs up in money stuff..lol thats too funny. Why would i give him money if i was trying to make money selling drugs...and to whoever said i wasnt smart enough to let go...the whole thing took about 1 second and a half, from the time he started moving to the time i hit the ground passed in the blink of an eye...

ohh and btw if i was selling drugs it wouldnt matter what they assume was in the money i handed him, all that matters is what they can see and prove. But again, im being honest, it was an exchange of money..

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Jeezus christmas you guys are so judgmental..lol.. he wasnt a random guy, he was i guy i used to work with at a call center,, we sat next to each other just about every day i didnt think hed burn me like that..i was just trying to help him out...and i wasnt scared of him because i had no reason to be, he always seemed like a cool guy and never talked about commiting crimes before...i just worry what might happen if i do go to the police and he gets in trouble..and all that wrapping drugs up in money stuff..lol thats too funny. Why would i give him money if i was trying to make money selling drugs...and to whoever said i wasnt smart enough to let go...the whole thing took about 1 second and a half, from the time he started moving to the time i hit the ground passed in the blink of an eye...

ohh and btw if i was selling drugs it wouldnt matter what they assume was in the money i handed him, all that matters is what they can see and prove. But again, im being honest, it was an exchange of money..
Ok .

Eekamouse

Yeah but if he needed change, why not get it inside walmart instead of asking you? And why would you give him change anyway? Seems sort of stupid on your part. The whole thing sounds like you got burned in a drug deal.

justalayman

this is from anthony in his now closed thread about being watched:

about a week later I was going to break the law, I went to go score some drugs from a new connect but since he didnt know us he didnt sale to us....so we leave his house...well about a mile down the road, whoa and behold, we got 3 police cruisers, and the all white unmarked gang unit suv behind me with all lights an
there is your problem anthony. You are a criminal. You admit to it. Expect to be watched for a long time or at least until you are caught red handed and end up in jail.

CdwJava

The video from WM will so grainy and so distant that the police won't be able to tell much.

Something is fishy about your story.
I suppose it depends on the Wal-Mart and where the vehicles were. We can get some pretty darn detailed footage from the parking lot surveillance cameras here.

CdwJava

there is your problem anthony. You are a criminal. You admit to it. Expect to be watched for a long time or at least until you are caught red handed and end up in jail.
That would explain the reluctance to get the police involved. If it was a drug deal - which was my first thought - then they might take exception to the cops getting in the middle of things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">