• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scabies from an Inpatient Drug Rehab

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rehab_trouble

California
I went to drug rehab in a place in southern california, just got out a couple days ago.
When i arrived, my roommate had scabies. He was treating it. He had previously used the bed i was required to use, as no other ones were available. Many times i brought it up to the nurse, clinical staff, etc that scabies was to be treated with steam cleaning and some serious measures. I even requested a plastic bedsheet cover, and spoke to the program director about getting one, who refused. I told him if i got scabies that he would have to take care of everything, and he sort of laughed it off and said alright.
Initially a house manager even tried to hide the scabies situation from me. Many group sessions were spent with me and a couple buddies in the rehab complaining about the situation. We were brushed off. So they would definitely be witnesses, as would my primary therapist who was also the therapist for the other kid that had scabies, and many other people who new about it.
The kid himself is a friend of mine now and he would also offer testimony that he had scabies and that all the staff knew.
So if i have scabies, it was definitely from a bed or something that was not sanitized. All they did was wash the sheets, didn't steam clean anything or do anything that the internet said was necessary, even after my prompting and that of others. Already i cant sleep because i feel crawling and i itch all over certain spots, and it is unsightly. I moved back home and now expect that my whole house will need to be treated along with my sisters and parents and animals and everything I came into contact with, all because of negligence.
I believe i have scabies and will make sure at the doc on thursday, symptoms appeared a few days ago and it takes a while for them to show.
So do i have a case?

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Scabies is found worldwide among people of all groups and ages. It is spread by direct contact with infected people and less often by sharing clothing or bedding.
Or... you contracted it from hanging out with your new friend. Which sounds more likely.

Dave1952

It's possible that you could have got scabies from infected bedding or from contact with your room-mate.
You, for some reason, are now exposing your family to this possible infection. Why is that? You describe the negligence that may be contaminating your home, and family without accepting the responsibility for this negligence.
You should probably report this facility's problem to the local public health folks.
If a doctor does diagnose you with scabies then you may wish to head to small claims court after you are cured and know what your damages are.

Good luck

Rehab_trouble

I am moving out today and my parents are aware of the situation. I knew the friend had scabies and never touched him, not even a hand shake.
I suppose exposing the problem would be good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">