• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sewing needle in food

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

laveyc

What is the name of your state? Rhode Island

I need some good legal advice for my odd situation.

The situation:
My wife and I ordered take-out from a local restaurant. After bringing the food home I began to eat my baked stuffed shrimp when all of a sudden I felt an excruciating pain in my mouth. I took the shrimp out of my mouth and found a sewing needle embeded in the shrimp. The needle punctured the inside of my cheek causing some minor bleeding. I called the restaurant and let them know what happened and then went to a nearby emergency medical center. At the medical center they took blood to test me for HIV and Hepatitis, they also called the Department of Health to inform them of the incident. They advised me to see my primary doctor. I left there and went to the local police department and filed a police report. The next day I went to my own doctor who told me that to be safe he wants me to get blood work done for HIV and Hepatitis at both 3 months after the incident and 6 months. He also advised me to start practicing safe sex with my wife, which put our current plans of trying to have a second child off for some time.

I also sought help from a therapist because I was very upset from the incident as well as was very anxious about HIV or Hepatitis. I saw a therapist for 3 months before my anxiety started to lift. Also, during this time we found out that my daughter needed emergency surgery. the problem for me was that I am a perfect blood donor for her and my wife is not, but I could not give blood for the doctors to use during her surgery.

Current status:
I just had my last blood test and am awaiting the results, it looks like everything should be fine though. I have worked with a lawyer, who has contacted the resturants insurance company which has offered a settlement of $2000. My lawyer is advising me to take the settlement and not going any further.

My question:
Seeing that this is an odd case that has been fairly emotional for me, I would like to know whether or not the advice from my attorney sounds good or should I seek other options?

Thanks so much for your time,
Casey

JETX

laveyc said:
Seeing that this is an odd case that has been fairly emotional for me, I would like to know whether or not the advice from my attorney sounds good or should I seek other options?
Since there is no evidence of their negligence or malice in this incident, take their offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">