• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

skateboard accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rtmom18

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH
My son (13) and the the neighbor boy were riding skateboards in the street and my son's skateboard accidently came up and hit the neighbor boy in the mouth. He ended up with a cut inside his mouth that required 3 stiches and a chipped tooth. The neighbors at the time were in between jobs so they had no medical insurance for the medical bills. Am I legally responsible for their medical biis?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

If it was just a freak accident, I don't see how your son could be liable. There is a certain amount of assumed risk in riding skateboards, and it didn't even happen on your property.

Most states have CHIP health insurance programs for kids in low income or unemployed families, there's no reason for the kids to be uninsured.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">