• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip and fall at walmart

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jay29msocali

What is the name of your state?california
My mother slipped and fell on a puddle of water at walmart this past sunday evening. A couple of workers helped her up and seen it happen. She didnt go to the doctors that day. Then on monday whe woke up and could barely walk. My question is "does anyone know of a good lawyer who can handle walmart cases"? i heard walmart is pretty tough. Also, is it possible for me to go into walmart and ask to see the video of the slip and fall? Is it possible to go back and see how long that puddle of water was there, on camera? thanks

Does you mother plan on going to the doctor?? Walmart will not pay a claim w/o proof of injury and even then there are so many factors into actually paying the claim it may not even be worth her time. But it's your mother's call.

djohnson

To get an attorney to even take the case, more or less win, you will have to show Wal-mart negligient. How do you do that? How long was the water there? How can you prove it? Was there signs? What percentage was your mother at fault for not looking where she was going?

It's not just Wal-mart, it's a tough case, especially with such a minor injury as what your mother seems to have. You would be out more time and money than it would probably be worth even if you could find a lawyer.

pojo2

Slipped at Wal Mart in vegetable oil that had been cleaned up and left a residue. I was looking at the shelf not the floor and down I went on my knees and my finger wrapped in an "unnatural position" around the wheel of the cart.

Everyone came running and pestered the he@@ out of me and all I wanted to do was finish shopping and leave.

Knees hurt a day or so and my finger was badly swollen for a week but I survived, no one was really to blame and life goes on. I guess I can't figure why people think Lottery everytime they stub a toe.

racer72

Some people think a minor injury on the property of a company with deep pockets is just like winning the lottery. Most find out differently though.

I slipped in a wet spot in Target 2 mos ago.....I was more embarrassed than hurt. One of the employees asked if I wanted to fill out an incident report. I said no thanks and kept it moving. I've fallen worse in my own home.....lol.

jity

Son of Slam said:
Sure, you can ask...lmfao, as they will be.

I have never LMFAO, just a simple no, and maybe a LOL, but never a LMFAO. my 4 cents, I owe you 2. *Disclaimer (I DONT OWE YOU CRAP)

BelizeBreeze

jpritchett81 said:
I slipped in a wet spot in Target 2 mos ago......
I was going to say something ......
Something about that little girl in the control room during 'Free Bird'....

But I can see Mary's beautiful office view growing cloudy and the oil tankers exploding....

Wet spot huh????? :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">