• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip and Fall at Walmart

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

Actually, "they" as you say, did.
And, the OP in this thread is not exactly at the stage of a lawsuit, as was your claim.
Furthermore, what you asserted vs. what actually happened has nothing to do with the issue.

I'll let you have the last word. Enjoy!
so, the judge awarded them the money in a judgment. I stand corrected because only if the judge entered a judgement in their name, would they have been successful in their suit. So, since you say they did successfully sue walmart, I guess a judge did just that.

the OP is in a negotiations. That is the same actual position your relative was. Filing a suit is often part of negotiation strategy. Often times, even with filing, there really is no true intent to ever have to walk into the courtroom.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">