• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slipped in restaurant no wet floor sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Benny12183

Hi I have a question. I slipped in a restaurant in Ohio on November 18th 2011, I didn't file a complaint with the place at the time. However I now learned I tore my rotator cuff during the accident.
Is it too late to file a complaint?

racer72

Hi I have a question. I slipped in a restaurant in Ohio on November 18th 2011, I didn't file a complaint with the place at the time. However I now learned I tore my rotator cuff during the accident.
Is it too late to file a complaint?
Unless you have some way to prove you were injured on that day at that particular location, you really don't have any way to hold the restaurant liable. For all they know, you could have been injured somewhere else and just want to hold them responsible.

Benny12183

I just thought my shoulder was sore from it and then after it never got better I made an appt..... There are witnesses including staff and video but that obviously doesn't prove the injury happened there.
However it's a spot I frequent and I have slipped along with many others on several occasions... Is there at least a way to get them to be more responsible?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I just thought my shoulder was sore from it and then after it never got better I made an appt..... There are witnesses including staff and video but that obviously doesn't prove the injury happened there.
However it's a spot I frequent and I have slipped along with many others on several occasions... Is there at least a way to get them to be more responsible?
Tell them...let them know that it's happened in the past.

ecmst12

If you didn't at least make a report about the accident at the time, you are going to have a VERY hard time making any claims now. If you had reported the accident, even though you didn't think you were badly hurt at the time, at least there would be a record of it happening.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">