• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Smoke from neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ford822

PA.
Neighbor installed a outdoor wood furnace 4 Ft. from the property line The smoke fills my yard that
I can not even go in my yard or leave windows & doors open. Winter is not so bad but he will burn this even in the summer, making me keep the house closed up all summer & I'm worried about the grand kids breathing in this smoke Is there any legal way to stop him from burning this in the summer?
Thank You

Antigone*

PA.
Neighbor installed a outdoor wood furnace 4 Ft. from the property line The smoke fills my yard that
I can not even go in my yard or leave windows & doors open. Winter is not so bad but he will burn this even in the summer, making me keep the house closed up all summer & I'm worried about the grand kids breathing in this smoke Is there any legal way to stop him from burning this in the summer?
Thank You
Have you tried talking with your neighbor?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Contact your local municipality and find out of the installation of this type of furnace is allowed...

ecmst12

If he's not breaking any laws, there's not a whole lot you can do. Why is he burning stuff in the summer?

ford822

!st the state said it had to be 150Ft from line But I guess he township does no have any codes to stop hi so the state {dep] did nothing

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">