• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

someone gave out my info what do i do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ryuno

i live in Texas but someone in Oklahoma gave out my info and i am getting harassed what should i do

ryuno

a friend did and they leaked my number and my privete information to people and i keep getting harassing texts and they are trying to bait me into committing a crime

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
We are not dentists. We do not pull teeth.

Last attempt.

What information of yours was given out?

Who was it given to?

What damages have you suffered as a result?

Either answer the questions or go ask an attorney.

I'mTheFather

Change your phone number. Move if necessary. Decrease your online presence. And start hanging out with a different crowd.

quincy

a friend did and they did it yesterday
A friend in Oklahoma "doxed" you and now you are being harassed?

What sort of information did your friend provide to others that caused you a personal injury or a wrongful death? Or did you pick this section of the forum just for the heck of it?

Please help us help you by providing some details.

Thanks.

quincy

sexually harassment is what they tried to lead me into
Well, if you did not sexually harass anyone despite their best efforts to make you then I guess you showed them, huh? :)

I recommend you change your email address and you block all texts or change your number and, if you experience continuing harassment in Texas, report this to your local police.

And it would be a really smart idea for you to find a better class of friends.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">