• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Something in food at Costco broke my tooth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nubngoddess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

We bought what Costco calls a "take-and-bake" pizza. They prepare it in the store, we take it home and bake it. When I was eating the crust of my slice I bit down on something very small and hard. It was hurting the next day so I checked it out and noticed one side of my tooth was moving. I immediately called my dentist and saw him at the next available visit. Turns out whatever I bit, split my tooth right down the middle along a filling I have. I now have to have the tooth removed and get a bridge put in. I told Costco about what happened and they said without the item they can do nothing for me. Do have have any legal options? I'm not trying to get rich, I just want them to pay my dental bills.

Mass_Shyster

Generally, the only way you can recover is to prove that there was a foreign object in your food, and that the foreign object caused the damage to your tooth.

Since you don't have the object, and have no idea what it was, it seems like you don't stand a good chance of recovering any damages from Costco. Their argument is that you may simply be claiming you broke your tooth on their pizza and that in reality you broke it on something else but want them to pay your bills.

Without any evidence but your own (self-serving) testimony, your case is weak.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">