• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son/coat hanger/ sears dept. store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs.lynch27

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

My son is 4, we were in sears sunday 2-12-12. i had clothes draped over my arm, he came running around me and got jabbed in the eye w/ a metal coat hanger. I spoke w/ sears insurance co. they stated they are not responsible. Is this a lawsuit?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

My son is 4, we were in sears sunday 2-12-12. i had clothes draped over my arm, he came running around me and got jabbed in the eye w/ a metal coat hanger. I spoke w/ sears insurance co. they stated they are not responsible. Is this a lawsuit?
Why should Sears be responsible?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

rs.lynch27

Yeah a coat hanger I was holding, but they still should use METAL coat hangers, had it been plastic he wouldnt have had damage done.
He has busted blood vessels, and its swollen shut and black. he has to see an ophthamologist friday if it isnt better. light hurts his eye now.

Antigone*

Yeah a coat hanger I was holding, but they still should use METAL coat hangers, had it been plastic he wouldnt have had damage done.
He has busted blood vessels, and its swollen shut and black. he has to see an ophthamologist friday if it isnt better. light hurts his eye now.
This is YOUR fault. YOU are the responsible party, therefore YOU should pay for your son's damages.

swalsh411

So your son had an eye injury and you did not seek immediate medical attention? :eek: This isn't a scrape from the playground. This is his eye.

ecmst12

Ok, Sears is not responsible for this. Your son was not watching where he was going and you were not holding the hanger so it was not at his eye level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">