• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspect Family Member of "trying" to slip and fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

punkindoo

What is the name of your state? MS.
We have a family member that has a history of sueing for various reasons through the years. She is now 68 years old and constantly crying about her financial situation.
We recently had to deal with HER brothers' funeral because none of the sibling's had the financial resorces. We later found out that this "family member" received 60,000 dollors from life insurance on him. We didn't think it fair, but we let it go. She never bothered to reinburse us.
At the time of the funeral she insisted on staying with us at our home. The day after the funeral, I was making coffee and looked up to the top of the stairs. It may have been my imigination, but I swear she was standing at the top of the stairs sticking one foot out and then the other. It was like she was trying to figure out a way to fall!!! I asked if there was something she needed. Startled because she didn't relize I was there. She gave me a strange look and went back to the guest room. I woke my husband up and ask him to get her out of there. We got her things togather and hauled her back to her home two hours away. Needless to say we were exhausted.
She now is constantly coming up with reasons to come to our home. So far we have been able to keep her out. The rest of the family think we are being hateful to a "lil-ole-lady".
My fear is that she will come on to our property unanounced and have an "accident" on the outside. Can she sue us for an outside accident?
R.W.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">