• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threatening Miscarriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorzone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Shortly after takeoff our plane had engine failure and shook violently at about 28000 ft. There was panic and we made an emergency landing. About 20 minutes later at the airport, we waited 2 plus hours for airport staff to accomodate us. During this ordeal my lady (about 1 month pregnant) had blood discharge from her vagina, paramedics were called and off we went to the ER. At the ER she was diagnosed "threatened miscarriage" and had several treatments performed. The following day my lady was released from the ER. Now were home and I am concerned about my lady and baby's well being. Should I hire an attorney? I have been contacted several times by a claims adjusting service.

Last edited:

lealea1005

How far along is was her pregnancy at the time?
The diagnosis of a "threatened miscarriage" doesn't necessarily mean a miscarriage is eminent. There are many reasons a woman would pass some blood during pregnancy, especially the early stages. I assume the ER Docs probably ordered an hCG (serum pregnancy test), an ultrasound, IV fluids, and bedrest to watch her progress. They released her when she, and the pregnancy, was stabilized.

The claims adjuster will probably want copies of her medical bills.

I'm glad you're both home and she's doing well. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">