• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Took dog in for grooming few hours later find out dog died.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sadpupowner

We're waiting for diagnostic test pup was 2 years old. I never heard of 2 yr old dog having heart attack while getting groom at a Veteinary clinic. But test will tell, doctor said no drugs we're given. Is there anything more they should do for the lost of family pet? Just wondering because I got a young boy here that's been bumming around the house for the past two days.

Banned_Princess

We're waiting for diagnostic test pup was 2 years old. I never heard of 2 yr old dog having heart attack while getting groom at a Veteinary clinic. But test will tell, doctor said no drugs we're given. Is there anything more they should do for the lost of family pet? Just wondering because I got a young boy here that's been bumming around the house for the past two days.
You have to follow the directions and tell us the name of your state.

What more do you want them to do? you want money? do you want a new dog?

A young boy is bumming over the loss of a 2 year old dog? imagine how he might feel after spending 12 to 13 years with the dog, bumming would not be the word ...

ecmst12

Only if there is evidence of negligence by the groomer. People sometimes have heart attacks and die with no prior symptoms of heart disease - even at a young age. I assume dogs are the same.

sadpupowner

You have to follow the directions and tell us the name of your state.

What more do you want them to do? you want money? do you want a new dog?

A young boy is bumming over the loss of a 2 year old dog? imagine how he might feel after spending 12 to 13 years with the dog, bumming would not be the word ...
Sorry Nebraska. You Ice Queen;)

You can't tell when heart attach will attack you or even your pet.... May be it's just time your pet go to heaven... Just pray for him/her.

las365

Of course your child is heartbroken over the death of your pet. To suggest that he is lucky the dog died now and not in twelve years is ridiculous and insensitive to say the least.

The legal questions are whether the vet was negligent and whether that negligence, if any, caused the dog's death. Hard to prove I would imagine. If the answers can be proven to be yes and yes, you would be entitled to receive the value of the dog in money. You generally cannot get mental anguish damages for loss of property and as stated above, legally a dog is property.

What kind of dog was it? How much did you pay for it? Did it have any health problems that you knew of?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">