• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unknown Damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bfsr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

If I bring a claim for malicious prosecution, what is the best way to leave damages "unspecified"? There is no real ($$$) damages. Just emotional suffering and punitive damages and maybe something else.

How can damages be left open-ended in a civil lawsuit?

Thanks

tranquility

I don't know, something like:

For money damages;
For any other remedy as allowed by the court, including injunctive relief;
For exemplary and punitive damages according to proof at trial;
For costs of suit herein;
For interest at the legal rate;
To the extent allowed by law, for attorney's fees and costs, and;
For such other and further relief as the Court deems just and proper.

But then again, a pro per suing on a malicious prosecution against him seems to not stand for a lot beyond great fun. I mean, you ARE doing this as a hobby, right?

W

Willlyjo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

If I bring a claim for malicious prosecution, what is the best way to leave damages "unspecified"? There is no real ($$$) damages. Just emotional suffering and punitive damages and maybe something else.

How can damages be left open-ended in a civil lawsuit?

Thanks
If you file suit against someone for malicious prosecution, you can ask for punitive damages and/or intentional infliction of emotional distress damages for any amount you want to ask. It would be for the court and/or jury to decide on what is reasonable. That is if you prevail (which I'm inclined to believe you won't since you are way over your head).

Most people who think they have a case for Malicious Prosecution and litigate in persona propria are in for a major disappointment! Good luck--you need it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">