• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsure what steps I should take

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Acurtis217

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York City
my grandmother died 5 years ago she was admitted to the hospital, she had her leg amputated, she developed a bed sore.

the day before she died she was alert and talking. The next day when my sister went to see her she had a feeding tube in place i was told that her eyes were red, there was a weird sound with her breathing. No cause of death is listed on her death certificate what can my family do at this point.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York City
my grandmother died 5 years ago she was admitted to the hospital, she had her leg amputated, she developed a bed sore.

the day before she died she was alert and talking. The next day when my sister went to see her she had a feeding tube in place i was told that her eyes were red, there was a weird sound with her breathing. No cause of death is listed on her death certificate what can my family do at this point.
There is nothing to do.

The statute of limitations has long since expired for any malpractice or wrongful death suit.

ecmst12

Rapid decline can happen without any malpractice taking place in an older patient who is in poor health to begin with. And healthy people don't need amputations, so she already wasn't in the best of health when she went into the hospital.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">