• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the best way to obtain the medical records?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garyntexas

TX
My mother died and changed her will less than 30 days prior, at my brothers coaxing. I want to see her medical records for "sound mind" issues. She was quite confused at times and could not remember the names of her Grandkids. My brother is listed on the death certificate and refuses to allow my access to the records.
Thank you,
Gary

Last edited:

pmwatt

who is listed as the executor of your Mother's estate? I would think that person would certainly be able to obtain those records. I got my Mom's records after her death by simply presenting the paper naming me as executor to the medical records dept of the hospital where she died. . I am in NC though, so it may be different.
Hope this helps

weenor

garyntexas said:
TX
My mother died and changed her will less than 30 days prior, at my brothers coaxing. I want to see her medical records for "sound mind" issues. She was quite confused at times and could not remember the names of her Grandkids. My brother is listed on the death certificate and refuses to allow my access to the records.
Thank you,
Gary
Contest the will through the probate court and get a subpoena issued through the probate clerk. That is of course assuming that you are named as an executor under the will.

seniorjudge

garyntexas said:
TX
Thank you,
Gary
double post

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=315429

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">