• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who should I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christinichols1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

Okay, here's the story... My son was raped. My son is 5 the other boy is 8. Both children were in the care of a church, for christmas play practice. Without going into too many unimportant details. Who, if anyone, should I sue? The church, who negligently let this happen, or the parents of the other child, or both? Do I even need to bother with this?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

Okay, here's the story... My son was raped. My son is 5 the other boy is 8. Both children were in the care of a church, for christmas play practice. Without going into too many unimportant details. Who, if anyone, should I sue? The church, who negligently let this happen, or the parents of the other child, or both? Do I even need to bother with this?
You should speak with an attorney who can advise you on the merits of your case and how to proceed.

George East

i am unable to get you very clearly

do let me know exactly that what you want to do exactly?
there is really sad with your child.

ecmst12

I can't believe a lawsuit is even crossing your mind after something like this. Your son needs therapy and love and support and that is the ONLY thing you should be concerned with. It is almost 100% certain that the other boy is a victim of sexual abuse as well, he is a child and you should not be focusing your animosity on him but on whatever monster took advantage of him and turned him into an aggressor. The criminal justice system is in place to deal with crimes and that's what you should be dealing with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">